Tuesday, January 13, 2009

France cont..start at the bottom


Last is the night life. You can sit around and try to watch a movie with the kids. A favorite is playing Rock Band and getting the chef to make chocolate chip cookies, or visiting one of the many parties going on. I do love the fact that you get dressed up to go out then you have to take your shoes off because no one is allowed to wear shoes on the boats. That's okay though because the supermodels they fly in are tall enough without their stilettos on.



Fifth, Back to another merry-go-round or the only park in the town. Notice there is no grass and only one piece of equipment. I thought I'd add the security protecting the strollers and diaper bags for fun. Poor guys. Shane loves to play practical jokes. He can keep a straight face through the most blatant lie, its amazing. One evening our 2 Israeli security men were going to watch a movie in one of their rooms together. Shane suggested that they would love Broke back Mountain. They had no idea what it was about and Shane explained it had won a lot of awards, it was a western. I couldn't stop laughing after they left and was still laughing 15 minutes later when they came storming up the stairs demanding to know "is this movie about homosexuals!!!??" Ah, I love Shane.

Then it's time for dinner. I love that my sister Lizzie was the first to the table and always knew what time dinner was being served. She was pregnant though, so she has a good excuse.



Fourth, We sit on the beach!! This is my favorite part. We get all the kids into the tender and the crew does everything else...Heaven. They gather and load/unload all the toys, masks, boogie boards, towels, snacks, water, sunscreen and a walky talky so you can call when you're done and they'll come get you. When the water is rough or a little deep they will even carry you to shore. I only did it once because I was in clothes and had medicine for Livy that I didn't want to get wet. I admit it was a little embarrassing. Then you just relax and let the kids run around and burn off all that energy. The little islands we went to were the best. Not very crowded and the water was shallow so the kids can play pretty far out there.




Third, time to eat lunch. Everyone loads into the tender. (small transport boat) They take you to a restaurant with a dock and I pray they have a kids menu or at least plastic cups which they never do. Then you try really hard to remember the french you learned in high school so you kinda know what you are ordering. The french like to take their time, so in other words they are slow. That's why if the kids want to eat their lunch under the table, it's fine with me. If they aren't bothering anyone, no harm done. Occasionally you see a celebrity. I tried to get a shot of Bono behind Isabel at Club 55 but some lady walked by. Then you load into the tender and go back to the big boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment